Sunday, September 04, 2005

shut up you fat whiner!

Meanwhile, back in Iraq, Salam Pax is concerned. Word is that the US and the Shia are contemplating tampering with the supposedly finished Iraqi Constitution. Here's and key passage from his post, Is the US Still Tinkering with the Iraqi Constitution?

Habibi, where are you going with this? Who are you people? And where have you taken all the sane secular Iraqis? It’s like Invasion of the Body Snatchers but in turbans.

I was going to say dude, I want my country back but I realized this doesn't really mean anything, which country do I want back? the pre-war oppression frappuccino or the post-war hell-on-earth macchiato ....too confusing. I don't even know what an unflavoured Iraq tastes like.

Better to focus on now.

There are quite a number of reasons why a Shia government would rather not bind itself to human rights treaties. One important reason is not having to deal with the hassle of these human rights contradicting "the undisputed rules of Islam".

I feel like I've known Salam for a few years now. He and Riverbend are my peers. I care about them and I listen to them like I would a co-worker or a neighbor. I so hope the US doesn't sell them out to the strongest Shia power brokers in the hopes of getting out ASAP. I want us out of Iraq ASAP. But we can't sell out.

No comments: