Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Body and Soul: Withdrawal

Another great voice heard from. Body and Soul: Withdrawal:

I'm not a wonk. I'm not a military expert. But neither are most Americans. The important thing is that right now, for whatever reason, most Americans finally recognize that this war is a nightmare they want to wake up from. They are more than ready to listen to plans for getting out. And in all honesty, whether they hear my call to get out now, Kevin's call for a 'gradual timed withdrawal' (and 51 percent of them are echoing Kevin) or Russ Feingold's plan to get everybody home in time to ring in 2007, is less important to me than making sure the national conversation is about getting out, not digging in.
Pardon me while I echo loudly. This idea is in the air. Breath it in! How can Bush put this genie back in the bottle? He can't.

Thank you, Cindy Sheehan.

No comments: